Blog Journal # 9

 The past few years have been a rollercoaster of ups and downs when it comes to taking classes at a university. Over the past 2, almost 3 years now we have been learning completely remotely and it has forced students to adapt to the way they can learn now. For me personally, I like remote learning alot because it has saved me a ton of money in rent expenses being able to learn from home. Another reason I like remote learning is that it allows me to get my work done from wherever I am and don't need to go to a physical location. When I am a teacher one thing I will do to help improve the experience of distance learners will be to make sure I meet with them one on one each week to make sure they are not falling behind because it is very easy to do so when distanced learning.

OER is the acronym for Open Educational Resources which means that these are resources that are free and publicly available for anyone to use. The article that I found covers what exactly OER's are and how people can use them. Many teachers use OER's to supplement their courses teaching by seeking other teachers information on the subject they may be teaching. This has allowed for tons of collaboration and learning that would not have been conducted before OER's existed.

https://provost.umw.edu/oer/what-are-oer/

These Powerpoint assignments taught me many new skills that I have not used before. One of the new skills that I learned how to do in these Powerpoint assignments was to insert a table with hyperlinks and make every answer slide link back to the main table. This is something that I have done once or twice in the past but I was never very quick or good at it and this helped me brush up on those skills. I also learned how to do a voice over for a Powerpoint presentation and I had never done that before. I really liked both of these assignments and do not really have any complaints about them, I found them to be very intriguing and valuable.




Comments